CENM 1.4 reference deployment using AWS and PostgreSQL
You can use CENM database and services documentation to complete a reference or test deployment of CENM using AWS and PostgreSQL. The references provided here refer to in depth documentation for databases and services in CENM.
Supported deployment options
The following deployment options are supported in CENM:
- AWS with external PostgreSQL.
- Azure with PostgreSQL deployed in cluster.
- Azure with external PostgreSQL.
- AWS with PostgreSQL deployed in cluster.
To set up a reference deployment of CENM using AWS and PostgreSQL:
### Set up a PostgreSQL database for each CENM service
You must ensure that each CENM service has it’s own PostgreSQL database. Complete the steps referenced below for each of the following:
- Auth service.
- Gateway service.
- Identity manager.
- Network Map.
- Signer service.
- Zone service.
- Angel service.
To set up each database:
- Set up a PostgreSQL database in AWS - follow the instructions in the AWS documentation.
- Connect to the database, using the details of the database in AWS.
- Create a database user and a schema namespace with restricted permissions. Follow the steps for PostgreSQL.
- Create the database schema for each service.
- Perform CENM Service configuration - follow the steps for PostgreSQL. See also the database configuration documentation.