Design Decision: Pluggable Broker prioritisation¶
Background / Context¶
A decision on when to prioritise implementation of a pluggable broker has implications for delivery of key messaging components including the float.
1. Deliver pluggable brokers now¶
- Meshes with business opportunities from HPE and Solace Systems.
- Would allow us to interface to existing Bank middleware.
- Would allow us to switch away from Artemis if we need higher performance.
- Makes our AMQP story stronger.
- More up-front work.
- Might slow us down on other priorities.
2. Defer development of pluggable brokers until later¶
- Still gets us where we want to go, just later.
- Work can be progressed as resource is available, rather than right now.
- Have to take care that we have sufficient abstractions that things like CORE connections can be replaced later.
- Leaves HPE and Solace hanging even longer.
Recommendation and justification¶
Proceed with Option 2 (defer development of pluggable brokers until later)
Proceed with Option 2 - Defer support for pluggable brokers until later, except in the event that a requirement to do so emerges from higher priority float / HA work. (RGB, JC, MH agreed)